All of the text we discussed and read is in The Norton Anthology, American Literature, Ninth edition, Volume C.Help Us Help You
Help us find the best qualified tutor by sharing the school and course associate
Authors/Texts for Essays
Bret Harte. “The Luck of Roaring Camp”
XLII, and the Last
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain): Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Preface, Chapters I, II,
Charlot [“He has filled graves with our bones”]
Booker T. Washington, Ch. 1, Up from Slavery
W. E. B. DuBois, Forethought and Ch. III, The Souls of Black Folk
Charlotte Perkins Gilman “The Yellow Wallpaper” and “Why I Wrote “The Yellow
Kate Chopin, “Desiree’s Baby,” “The Storm”
Stephen Crane, Maggie: A Girl of the Streets, Chapters I-V, XVII-XIX
Part Two: Short Essays (100 points). Answer in ink on loose-leaf paper.
paragraphs, which include specifics from the works discussed in class to support your
Respond to each of the following in grammatically correct, well-developed but concise
conclusions. Do not skip lines or write on the back. Fold your essays into this sheet, writing your
name and date on the outside and turning in separately from the short answer section.
bet Why are Bret Harte and, more importantly, Mark Twain considered transition figures
between Romanticism and Realism? (30 points)
11. How did Charlot, Booker T. Washington, and W.E.B. DuBois reflect the realistic
movement in literature? (20 points)
III. What aspects of the fiction of Charlotte Perkins Gilman and Kate Chopin mark them as
realistic writers? (30 points)
IV. Why is Stephen Crane associated with the emergence of American Naturalism? (20
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.