Theoretical Orientation Paper
Your 5-8 page theoretical orientation paper is designed as a process paper on which to build your personal counseling theory and personal counseling style. Specifically, this paper will provide an opportunity to integrate aspects of the theories learned this semester with your developing theoretical orientation. I will be using Vericite. If your paper shows a high percentage of plagiarism, you will receive a zero for this assignment. An explanation of the specific requirements for the content of the paper is included below.
My Personal Counseling Theory
Discuss your personal counseling theory. Next, discuss how your personal approach is informed by the existing theories you explored throughout the semester. In particular, you are asked to name and describe existing theoretical orientations that inform your personal theory (e.g., Client-centered, Existential, Cognitive-Behavioral, Psychoanalytic, Reality, Gestalt, REBT, etc.).
Be specific about what elements of the existing theoretical orientations relate to your personal theory. You may select one or two theories; however, all elements must be supported and adequately referenced. As this is the beginning of your counseling journey, focus on one or two theories that resonate with you.
How Client Problems Originate
From your theoretical position, describe how client problems originate. Be specific and use examples to illustrate your perspective.
For example, do problems stem from client beliefs? The way people think? Feelings? Unconscious forces? Chemical imbalances in the brain? Issues related to family of origin? The way people view themselves, others, their lives? In terms of the BETA model used in your textbook— does one’s Background, Emotions, Thoughts, and/or Actions cause client problems? Be specific in your description and discussion.
How Clients Are Best Helped
Describe your view of how clients are best helped in the counseling process. This must be related to your personal perspective (e.g., “This is how I would approach working with clients . . .” “I would . . .” etc.).
Be specific with techniques and interventions and justify your rationale. Use brief examples to illustrate your position. Specifically, you are asked to discuss how your approach is supported (or not) by the existing theories’ techniques and interventions and/or research.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.