Managers often use variance analysis in employee performance evaluations for the following two attributes—effectiveness and efficiency. Blocher et al., point out that variance alerts management to whether the organization is achieving its short-term financial goals and note that for companies to reduce variances and improve financial performance, it is first necessary to identify and report the causes and how well the variance can be controlled.Read the following scenario and respond to the questions following.During the last quarter of FuturePrint’s fiscal year, Jean Day, the CFO, calculated the production volume variance for the quarter, noting a significant favorable variance resulting from increased production. In fact, although there was no change in the sales forecast for the year, production had increased 30% for the quarter. Concerned that the company may now have a backlog of inventory to manage, Day met with Gerry Rick, the plant supervisor.Mr. Rick indicated that he had directed the production department to increase manufacturing for the period. He indicated that the rationalization for increased production was that companies would have excess cash in their budgets at year end to replace existing printers with new higher tech printers such as the ones made by FuturePrint. Day was not satisfied that this was the complete story.What was the effect of the production volume variance on plant operating income at year end assuming none of the excess inventory was sold?What could have been a possible motivation for Rick’s directive?Your document should be 350-500 words and must have references.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.