This paper will focus on cultural/political/social reflection and influence films and actors have had. Students choose one of the following actors and their films listed, watch the film, do some brief research and write about the cultural/political/social impact the star and film had relevant to the film’s era. Why was the actor in this film important? What barriers did both the actor and film break? Again, this is not entirely a research paper. It’s important to see your own reaction to the performance and how you see the effect of the actor/film in regard to cultural/political or social influence. As with Response 1, it’s integral to see the actor in this film through your eyes! Minimum word requirement is 600 to 750 words but feel free to expand if needed. Cite all sources if you use research! James Edwards: The Steel Helmet (1951)Ava Gardner: Showboat (1951), The Night of The Iguana (1964)Vivien Leigh: A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)Marlon Brando: A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), On the Waterfront (1954)Ethel Waters A Member of the Wedding (1952)Donna Reed or Burt Lancaster: From Here to Eternity (1953)Audrey Hepburn: Roman Holiday (1953), Sabrina (1954), Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1962)Montgomery Clift: From Here to Eternity (1953), The Misfits (1961)Dorothy Dandridge Carmen Jones (1954)Pearl Bailey: Carmen Jones (1954), Porgy and Bess (1959)Judy Garland: A Star is Born (1954)Grace Kelly: Rear Window (1954), Dial M for Murder (1955)James Stewart: Rear Window (1954), Vertigo (1958), Anatomy of a Murder (1959)Ernest Borgnine: Marty (1955)James Dean: Rebel Without a Cause (1955), East of Eden (1955), Giant (1956)Robert Mitchum: The Night of the Hunter (1955)Yul Brenner or Deborah Kerr: The King and I (1956)Rita Moreno: The King and I (1956)Dorothy Malone or Robert Stack: Written on the Wind (1956)Henry Fonda, Lee J Cobb: 12 Angry MenRock Hudson: Giant (1956), Pillow Talk (1959), Seconds (1966)Andy Griffith: A Face in the Crowd (1957)Paul Newman: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958)Elizabeth Taylor: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958), Suddenly Last Summer (1959), Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)Juanita Moore: Imitation of Life (1959)Doris Day: Pillow Talk (1959)Kim Novak: Vertigo (1958)Charlton Heston: A Touch of Evil (1958)George C. Scott: Anatomy of a Murder (1959), Dr. Strangelove (1964), Patton (1970)Lee Remick: Anatomy of a Murder (1959)Tony Curtis,Marilyn Monroe: Some Like It Hot (1959)Jack Lemmon: Some Like It Hot (1959), The Apartment (1960)Shirley MacLaine: The Apartment (1960)Anthony Perkins or Janet Leigh: Psycho (1960)Burt Lancaster or Shirley Jones: Elmer Gantry (1960)Ruby Dee: A Raisin in the Sun (1961)Gregory Peck: To Kill A Mockingbird (1961), The Omen (1976)Sidney Poitier: A Raisin in the Sun (1961),A Patch of Blue (1965), Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner (1967),Dirk Bogarde: Victim (1961)Sophia Loren: Two Women (1961)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.