Use the APA Paper Template to complete the following:
· Write a 3–5 content-page paper that describes a real-world problem from the chosen scenario with support from theory and research.
· Use one of the following scenarios and supporting resources from Week 6’s Prepare: Choose Your Scenario activity as the basis for this assignment:
. Scenario 1: Mars Mission.
. Scenario 2: Office Decor.
. Scenario 3: Youth Sports.
. Scenario 4: Anti-marijuana Campaign.
· Use in-text citations in the paper and create title and reference pages.
· Use the following Capella University Library resources to conduct research:
How to Use Databases A-Z
Finding Articles: Psychology Research Guide (BS)
Databases A-Z: Psychology: Articles
Use the following headings to organize your paper:
· Follow the template instructions.
· Apply a foundational psychological theory to address the problem in the selected scenario.
. Summarize the identified problem in the selected scenario.
· Describe the theory or theories that apply to your scenario.
Research Method and Findings:
· Apply findings from scholarly research to the problem in your scenario.
· Describe the research methods outlined in your scholarly research articles.
Mental Health and Well-Being:
· Speculate how the problem could impact mental health and well-being through behavior changes.
· Follow the template instructions.
· Written communication: Writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
· Paper length: 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and references page.
· Resources: A minimum of three professional and scholarly sources: two or more of these should be scholarly (peer-reviewed journal articles); a professional source may be a textbook or other resource. Please avoid popular media sources.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
· SafeAssign: Use the SafeAssign Draft option to check your writing and ensure that you have paraphrased, quoted, and cited your sources appropriately.·
Prepare: Choose Your Scenario and Write Your Thesis Statement
Your Applied Research in Psychology assignment is due next week. In addition to completing these steps, refer to the assignment description and scoring guide in Week 7 to help prepare to complete the assignment successfully.
Step 1: Choose Your Scenario and Conduct Research
For your assignment, choose one of the following scenarios.
Research your chosen theory using your textbook and the Capella University Library to find a minimum of three scholarly research articles on your topic. You will see recommended search terms and databases that will help you get started. Use the following library resources to conduct research:
Databases A-Z: Psychology: Articles to see the best databases to use to search for articles in psychology.
How to Use Databases A-Z to learn how to use the filters on Databases A-Z to get recommended databases for your discipline.
Finding Articles: Psychology Research Guide (BS) to learn how to search for articles.
Scenario 1: Mars Mission
You are part of a psychological team planning to prepare astronauts for a mission to Mars. Your task is to examine possible psychological problems that may result as part of their trip.
Think about psychological problems that can occur while preparing for and during space travel. In your assignment, describe the potential problems so your reader has a good understanding of the negative psychological impact that astronauts can experience. Support your thinking about potential problems with information you find from the scholarly research articles you select.
· Possible theories or perspectives:
· Positive psychology.
· Humanistic psychology.
· Possible sources:
· Botella, C., Banos, R. M., Etchemendy, E., Garcia-Palacios, A., & Alcaniz, M. (2016).
Psychological countermeasures in manned space missions: “EARTH” system for the Mars-500 project.
Computers in Human Behavior, 55(B), 898‒908.
· Cohen, I., den Braber, N., Smets, N. J. J. M., van Diggelen, J., Brinkman, W-P., & Neerincx, M. A. (2016).
Work content influences on cognitive task load, emotional state and performance during a simulated 520-days’ Mars mission.
Computers in Human Behavior, 55(B), 642‒652.
· Search terms: NASA, Spaceflight, “Mars 500,” “Mars 520” (search using individual keywords in
Summon or one of the Best Bets in
Finding Articles: Psychology Research Guide (BS). Use quotes around phrases to search an exact phrase.
Scenario 2: Office Decor
Your company is redesigning office spaces. You are tasked with examining the psychological effect on employees of various interior design options with the goal of increasing productivity.
Think about and search for how color and use of space can impact people psychologically. What does the research say about environment and productivity?
· Possible the
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.