https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3_4D6c8IoFirst, open the link which is a 5-minute-video, take a look at this video carefully. I attached the instruction of this assignment.Pablo Chavajay, Ph.D. – Page 1
PSYC 502.05: Research Methods
Your Name: Zhubu; Lian
Your Partner: Isabella Pizza
Observational Exercise Project
Due: Tuesday, 3/3/2020 – To be submitted in class
Notes on the observations of the video segment in its raw format
Three-page handout with completed responses in its raw format
Observational Exercise Report (two pages, double-spaced)
To develop observational skills
To understand the complexities of making observations and developing operational definitions
To learn how to make tentative inferences based on observations
Instructions: This assignment centers on a video segment of children’s free play in a childcare setting
in the United States. This assignment consists of three phases, two of which will be completed in class.
1. As a class, you will view a video segment of children’s free play (5.83 min) and write narrative
accounts of any occasion in which children imitate other children in their play.
Narrative accounts are descriptions of events written in clear prose that allow readers who have not
witnessed the events to visualize them vividly.
2. In pairs, discuss similarities and differences in your and your classmate’s narrative accounts,
noting which events were commonly observed, differently described, or omitted.
3. Indicate difficulties encountered in making and writing narrative accounts of observations.
4. Compose an operational definition for the variable imitation of play that applies to participants of
any age. In your definition, you must describe what imitation and play are, without using these
terms or versions of them (e.g., imitating, playing).
Use this definition to code instances of imitation of play that occur during your second viewing of
the video segment (below in Phase #2).
An operational definition is a clear and concise description of the aspects that constitute or
qualify as the variable to be measured.
actions from others around
Imitation of Play
Pablo Chavajay, Ph.D.
PSYC 502.05: Research Methods
19 giorno indo
1. Using your operational definition of imitation of play, tally the instances this activity occurs
as you watch the video segment again.
Imitation of Play Events
| do golova
2. Record in the table below the total tallies of imitation of play events you and your classmate
observed. Discuss what may have contributed to the consistencies and discrepancies between
your and your classmate’s tallies of these events. This review of coded data across coders is in
as referred to as inter-observer reliability.
Total Number of Imitation of Play Events
3. Indicate in the tables below your and your classmate’s first and last coded events of
imitation of play. Discuss what may have contributed to the similarities and differences
between your and your classmate’s first and last coded events.
One child follow anther
to go upstair
going up the starrs
Throw the photo frame | Throwing blocks downside
SYC Research Methods
Pablo Chavajay, Ph.D. – Page 3
4. Based on your discussion, revise your definition of imitation of play so that future coders
more reliably and accurately identify and code these activities during their observations.
In your definition, you must describe what imitation and play are, without using these terms or
versions of them (e.g., imitating, playing).
Revised Operational Definition
A copied action from others who
is represented as the origknal
Imitation of Play
ur Observational Exercise Report (two pages, double-spaced) must address the following aspects:
1.) Include your original operational definition of imitation of play.
2.) Report your and your classmate’s tallies of coded imitation of play events and indicate the extent
to which you both agreed and disagreed on these coded events, a process used to determine inter-
3.) Indicate reasons for the discrepancies between your and your classmate’s coded events and the
challenges you encountered in honing the definition of imitation of play in your revision process.
Include your revised definition of imitation of play and speculate as to its potential limitations if
it were to be used in future coding.
4.) Speculate as to what the coded events may suggest about children’s imitation of other children in
mixed-age play activities in childcare settings. Also, indicate how children’s imitation of others
in play may inform understanding of learning in childcare contexts. Be sure to note that your
speculations are tentative since you have had extremely limited access to the children, staff, and
daily routines in this childcare setting
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.