To V or Not to VIn this unit, you are introduced to personality tests and issues with their development and use. One particular area of debate involves the inclusion of validity scales in tests of personality. While many concerns may exist, the use of such scales appears to be increasing and they continue to be utilized and interpreted.In your post:Analyze how validity in psychometrics, as you explored in Unit 4, is different from a validity scale in a test of personality.Describe this difference in terms of their definitions.Provide at least two examples of validity scales.Integrate and cite the AERA standards from Chapter 10, “Psychological Testing and Assessment,” of your Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing text that directly address validity scales. Provide your interpretation of the standards and the use of validity scales.Discuss if the standards permit, reject, or provide guidance on integrating such scales in a report.State, in your own words, how one should, or should not, proceed with validity scales.Cite at least one advantage and one disadvantage regarding the use of validity scales. The test authors provide several pros and cons of using validity scales in personality assessment.Based on your readings, including preparation for this discussion, what is your position on this issue; that is, using and interpreting validity scales on a measure of personality?When you post this discussion, change your subject line to Use, or Don’t Use.Response GuidelinesRespond to the posts of at least two other learners.Learning ComponentsThis activity will help you achieve the following learning components:Analyze applications of testing for different purposes and populations.Apply writing and citations skills appropriate for doctoral-level learneStudiesKey ConceptsReview Unit 8 Key Concepts [PDF].ReadingsUse your Psychological Testing and Assessment text to read the following:Chapter 11, “Personality Assessment: An Overview,” pages 354–400.Chapter 12, “Personality Assessment Methods,” pages 401–447.Use your Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing text to review the following:Chapter 10, “Psychological Testing and Assessment,” pages 151– 168.MediaComplete the following Capella multimedia, if you have not completed it earlier:Personal Inventory Questionnaire.Learning ComponentsThis activity will help you achieve the following learning components:Analyze applications of testing for different purposes and populations.Define key concepts for quiz preparation.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.