Null and Alternate Hypotheses Practice SheetPractice sheet – signficance tests and more hypos Null and Alternate Hypotheses Practice SheetNull and Alternate Hypotheses Practice Sheet – Part 2
1. Do you accept or reject the null if the probability value associated with the test statistic is as
indicated? Assume these are all two-tailed tests.
a) People who exercise 4 days per week or more are happier than those who exercise less than 4
days per week. p = .19
b) College students are more stressed than their peers who do not attend college. p = .07
c) Correctional officers have more negative attitudes towards inmates than college students. p =
d) Amount of sleep and ability to focus are positively related p = .001
e) Children who are read to regularly have bigger vocabularies than those who are not read to
regularly. p = .049
Rates of preventable diseases in a neighborhood are negatively related to the amount of
medical practices in the neighborhood. p = .95
g) Getting child care subsidies (money from the government to help pay for child care) help lowincome working parents stay in their jobs longer. p = .10
2. A professor did a study to see if class attendance predicted exam performance. The hypotheses were
H0: There is no relationship between exam scores and class attendance.
H1. Exams scores are positively related to class attendance (what she believes will happen!)
H2: Exam score are negatively related to class attendance.
She runs a ONE-TAILED test and the results come out in support of H2. What should she do? Explain
3. State the Null and Alternate hypotheses for the following. REMEMBER – identify the type of variables
you are dealing with first so you state it properly.
a. The Coca-cola company wants to know if Coke is rated higher on a scale of 1 -10 (10 = tastes great) by
consumers than Pepsi.
b. A researcher wanted to know if people who plan to vote for Biden have more conservative attitudes
than those who plan to vote for Warrant.
c. Is the amount of times someone washes their hands per day related to often they sick?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.