PCB3023L Lab 3 Partial Report: M&M, Results, References (37pts)
For this report, you will be writing a partial lab report based on Lab #3. It will include a Title page,
Materials & Methods section, Results section, and References page. In addition to the details provided
below, follow the general guidelines for lab reports and review the syllabus for turnitin and plagiarism
See the grading rubric for additional details and point distributions for this report.
Title Page: The title of the experiment, your name, your lab partner(s) name(s), the date, and
the course title with section number should be included.
Materials and Methods: Concisely describe the procedure you carried out for Lab #3. This is not
a bulleted list nor should it be copied from the lab manual materials – it should be a detailed,
but concise synopsis of what you did in your own words in the past tense, including necessary
information for someone else to be able to repeat the experiment themselves. Be sure to
include generation of the homogenate, subcellular fraction isolation, protein quantification,
preparation of samples for gel loading, SDS-PAGE, and gel staining.
Results: Concisely state the results you obtained from Lab 3, including your standard curve
data, protein concentrations for each fraction, SDS-PAGE results (including which fraction has
the most RUBISCO and what about the gel image tells you that), and estimation of the RUBISCO
subunit molecular weights (MW). Be sure to support the text with the following: figure
displaying the standard curve data (including equation of the trendline and R2 value), table
containing protein calculations for each fraction, figure containing your gel image, and table
containing the RUBISCO subunit MW estimations. Provide specific legends/text and labels for
each graph and table. Remember this section should be written in paragraph form with
tables/figures to support the text.
References: You should include any items you used to write your partial report, including the
lab manual materials. You should use at least 1 scientific source (e.g. the lab manual
materials). Carefully follow the formatting rules for in-text citations and reference section
The lab materials for lab 3 have been, in part, adapted from:
Pollenz, R.S., Kimble, M., and Cannons, A.C. 2007. Experiments in Cell Biology, 3rd edition.
Kendall/Hunt, Dubuque, IA.
Important Notes: You MUST turn in a hard-copy to your TA AND upload your report to Turnitin. Both
the hard-copy and electronic copy must be received by the deadline to avoid late penalties. Your lab
report will not be graded unless both copies are received. You MUST include citations throughout your
text in the report and all writing must be in your own words. DO NOT COPY what is in the lab manual,
textbook, etc. Working together with lab partners, sharing of data, and discussion of results are
permitted, but your report MUST BE IN YOUR OWN WORDS! DO NOT USE QUOTATIONS! If you have
any questions, please discuss with your TA/Instructor before turning in your report.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.