Hydrostatics and Hydraulics Report
BSCI has another job for you at Acme Manufacturing Co., and Bob Sanders (your supervisor) has asked you to complete it. BSCI has been contracted by Acme Manufacturing Co. to collect measurements of various industrial storage facilities and certain aspects of its fire suppression system. After collecting field measurements and calculating values, prepare a written report for Bob Sanders (CSP) to present to the Board of Directors. During your field investigations, you find the following field observations:
Piping System Repair
A piping system repair must be made to a vertical piping system. Prior to its turn to a horizontal direction, the pipe is 18 inches in diameter and 60 ft. long. There is a repair that must be done at 35 feet above the floor. The pipe is filled with a liquid having the same properties as water. Due to operational considerations, the pipe cannot be drained. The fluid is considered non-hazardous due to its chemical properties. Before the repair can be completed, a decision has to be made about the material to use and the method in which the repair can occur safely. At the location of the pipe repair, what is the pressure of the fluid? (NOTE: the height of the cylinder is the length of the pipe minus the height of the repair from the floor.)
Water Storage Tank
Some repairs have been made to the existing water storage tank. New valves and piping systems are to be installed in the distribution system. You have been asked to calculate the velocity of the fluid through the bottom drain opening and prior to entry into the distribution system. This velocity will help to determine the specific valve that must be installed prior to the distribution system. The tank at its highest point is 24 feet. Determine the velocity of the fluid at fluid heights of 24 feet, 18 feet, 12 feet, and 6 feet.
Fire Suppression System
In a horizontally installed piping system, water flows through a 10 inch pipe. The head loss in a 500 foot section is 40 feet. The residual pressure at Point A is 55 psi and the velocity at Point A is 7 ft./s. If the velocity at Point B is 8.5 ft/s, what is the residual pressure at Point B?
Respond to the details in each section, and format your report in APA style. Include at least each of the following in your report for this unit:
Introduction—briefly describe why the studies were performed (why you started the study).
Report details—briefly discuss the details of the scenario (what you found from the study).
Conclusions and recommendations—briefly describe your recommendations based on your findings (what you recommend to resolve any deficiencies).
Appendix—Measurements and calculations (show your work).
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.