Benchmark – Effective Approaches in Leadership and Management
In this assignment, you will be writing a 1,000-1,250 word paper describing the differing approaches of nursing leaders and managers to issues in practice. To complete this assignment, do the following:
Select an issue from the following list: bullying, unit closers and restructuring, floating, nurse turnover, nurse staffing ratios, use of contract employees (i.e., registry and travel nurses), or magnet designation.
Describe the selected issue. Discuss how it impacts quality of care and patient safety in the setting in which it occurs.
Discuss how professional standards of practice should be demonstrated in this situation to help rectify the issue or maintain professional conduct.
Explain the differing roles of nursing leaders and nursing managers in this instance and discuss the different approaches they take to address the selected issue and promote patient safety and quality care. Support your rationale by using the theories, principles, skills, and roles of the leader versus manager described in your readings.
Discuss what additional aspects mangers and leaders would need to initiate in order to ensure professionalism throughout diverse health care settings while addressing the selected issue.
Describe a leadership style that would best address the chosen issue. Explain why this style could be successful in this setting.JOURNAL OF
J Psychiatric Nurs 2018;9(2):119-128
Personality characteristics of nurse managers: The personal
and professional factors that affect their performance
Handan Alan, Ulku Baykal
Department of Nursing Administration, İstanbul University Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, İstanbul, Turkey
Objectives: Managers’ personalities indicate how they think, perceive reality, and relate to others; these qualities affect
their decision making and problem-solving methods. Although there are many studies of leadership and managerial
characteristics in the nursing profession, there is a lack of adequate data about personality characteristics. This descriptive study aims to determine the personal characteristics of nurse managers and the personal and professional factors
that affect them.
Methods: The study population consisted of nurses working in administrative positions at hospitals affiliated with the
public hospitals union, in research, and in practice hospitals affiliated with universities and private hospitals in cities in
the Marmara Region. The final study sample consisted of nurse managers working in the hospitals that gave permission
to conduct the study (excluding the private branch hospitals). The data were collected after obtaining the approval of
the Clinical Research Ethics Committee of Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University (Approval date: 1.7.2015, Decision No:
2015-01) and written official permission from the administrations of the hospitals included in the study. The data were
collected using the Five Factor Personality Inventory. The data analysis was carried out using means and standard deviations (SD) as descriptive statistics, one-way analysis of variance for inter-group comparisons, and the independent
samples t-test for paired group comparisons. A significance threshold of p
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.