You are in the role of project manager for a coffee franchise global expansion project. You plan to expand into two different countries. The magnitude of the project requires you to prepare for the project kickoff meeting and business negotiations with the project team who are potential partners from Mexico and China. You understand that these cultures are vastly different. They have different business customs, social protocols, and languages, so conducting business with each country requires a customized approach.To prepare for your first outreach effort with each country, analyze the cultural similarities and differences that exist between the countries and the United States using Geert Hofstede’s Six Cultural Dimensions (link here and below) as discussed in the assignment notes, chats, etc. Note that the two countries are characterized by collectivism while the United States has an individualist culture.Once you have done your research, compare and contrast each country according to your findings. Discuss the implications of the relative cultural dimensions based on what you read related to Hofsteds from the web site. How might they impact managing the global expansion project? Remember that you are adapting your approach from a United States point of view. (400-600 words).This assignment lays the foundation for IP4, where you will apply your findings to forming an effective global team.Step One: Visit Geert Hofstede Cultural Dimensions Step Two: Create a country comparison using the United States in first dropdown menu box to see the values for the six cultural dimensions. After selecting the United States, a second country can be chosen in the second dropdown menu box. Keep the United States in the first box and then repeat for each country (Mexico and China) involved in the fast food expansion project to see a comparison of their scores. Step Three:Using your findings:Explain Hofstede’s cultural dimensions. Using the United States as a basis for comparison, evaluate each country’s similarities and differences relative to the franchise business deployment. Discuss the implications for your initial communications within each country. For example, what is the impact of collectivism relative to individualism regarding management communication? Use Intellipath, MUSE, Beyond the Book. Live Chats and the CTU Library to help identify cultural characteristics that will be important during your first project meeting with each country.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.