No. of Failures
Option #2: Rental Condition
Aardvark Auto Rental rents vehicles. Each day Aardvark Automotive Rental keeps track
of whether its SUVs were returned in “failing” condition. Aardvark must use more of its
resources to restore each SUV with a “failing” returned condition. Aardvark rents an
average of five SUVs each day. The condition of returned SUVs is recorded for many
days in which five SUVs were rented.
Download the file titled SUV Failures. It contains a scatter plot of the number of failures
versus frequency. To compare the results to the binomial distribution, complete the
1. Explain why SUV rental condition scenario can be a binomial experiment.
2. Using the SUV Failure scatter plot, construct a frequency distribution for the number of
3. Compute the mean number of failures. The formula for the mean is as follows:
The terms x represent the total number of failures (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and f is the
corresponding frequency (number of days where xᵢfailures occurred).
Explain what the numerical result means.
1. From the frequency distribution, construct the corresponding relative frequency
distribution.Explain why the relative frequency distribution table is a probability
distribution.Then, use Excel to create a scatter plot of the probability distribution:Select the
two columns of the probability distribution. Click on INSERT, and then go to the Charts area
and select Scatter. Then choose the first Scatter chart (the one without lines connecting).
2. Using the frequency distribution, what is the SUV failure average? In part 3, note that the
numerator in the formula for the mean is the total number of failures. The total number of
trials is the denominator of the formula for the mean multiplied by 5. What does this average
3. The Binomial Distribution is uniquely determined by n, the number of trials, and p, the
probability of “success” on each trial. Using Excel, construct the Binomial Probability
Distribution for five trials, n, and probability of success, p, as the SUV failure average in part
5. Here is an explanation of the BINOM.DIST function in
For example, In Excel
represents the probability of 7 successes out of 15 (n) trials. The 0.7 is the probability of
Using the above value of n=5 with probability of success, p, as the SUV failure average
in part 5, what is the probability of at least three SUV failures?
7. Using the formula for the mean of the Binomial Distribution, what is the mean
number of failures in part 6 above?
8. In Excel, create a scatter plot for the Binomial Distribution. The instructions for
creating a scatter plot are in part 4 above.
9. Use the results above to compare the probability distribution of SUV failures and the
Binomial Distribution. Compare the means in parts 4 and 6, too.
If the probability distribution of SUV failures and the Binomial Distribution differ,
explain why that is so.
Do you think the Binomial Distribution is a good model for the SUV failure scenario?
Why or why not?
How can Aardvark Auto Rental use the binomial distribution to approximate SUV
In what other scenarios can Aardvark Auto Rental use the Binomial Distribution?
Write a report that adheres to the formatting and APA expectations outlined on
the Citing & APA Resources page (Links to an external site.) in the CSU-Global Writing
Center. As with all written assignments at CSU-Global, you should have in-text citations
and a reference page.
Submit your Excel file in addition to your report.
1. The paper must be written in third person.
2. Your paper should be four to five pages in length (counting the title page and
references page) and cite and integrate at least one credible outside source.
The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a great place to find resources.
3. Include a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and a reference page.
4. The introduction should describe or summarize the topic or problem. It might discuss
the importance of the topic or how it affects you or society, or it might discuss or
describe the unique terminology associated with the topic.
5. The body of your paper should answer the questions posed in the problem. Explain
how you approached and answered the question or solved the problem, and, for
each question, show all steps involved. Be sure the Word document is in paragraph
format, not numbered answers like a homework assignment.
6. The conclusion should summarize your thoughts about what you have determined
from the data and your analysis, often with a broader personal or societal
perspective in mind. Nothing new should be introduced in the conclusion that was
not previously discussed in the body paragraphs. Your conclusion should emanate
from (be aligned with) your findings.
7. Include any tables of data or calculations, calculated values, and/or graphs
associated with this problem in the body of your assignment.
8. Document formatting, citations, and style should conform to the Citing & APA
Resources page (Links to an external site.). A short summary containing guidelines
for paper formatting, citations, and references is contained in the New Sample APA
Paper (Links to an external site.). In addition, information in the CSU-Global Virtual
Library under the Writing Center/APA Resources tab (Links to an external site.) has
many helpful areas (Writing Center, Writing Tips, Template & Examples/Papers &
Essays, and others).
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.