It is important to understand what information systems are and why they are essential for running and managing a business. The case studies below will provide you with an opportunity to review many of the concepts covered in this course. These case studies provide you with an opportunity to critically analyze events that are taking place in real-life organizations. This helps to develop your critical thinking and research skills as you research each of these scenarios.
For this assignment, you will review four case studies. Then, in a PowerPoint presentation, you will evaluate the studies and respond to each of the questions below, using both critical thinking and theory as well as supporting documentation.
Based on your reading of the case study “Can You Run the Company with Your iPhone?” on pages 9–10 of the textbook, discuss how emerging trends in technology are helping Network Rail improve railway performance and safety.
Based on your reading of the case study “Enterprise Social Networking Helps Sanofi Pasteur Innovate and Improve Quality” on pages 41–42 of the textbook, discuss how information systems influenced the company’s organizational strategy. Critique their core information system applications from a business perspective. Analyze how information system projects are aligned with organizational goals and strategies.
Based on your reading of the case study “Meltdown and Spectre Haunt the World’s Computers” on pages 309–310 of the textbook, discuss the ethical and security issues that could result from flaws in central processing unit (CPU) chip design. Assess their procedures for securing information systems.
Based on your reading of the case study “AbbVie Builds a Global Systems Infrastructure” on pages 586 of the textbook, discuss the problems that the company was experiencing as a global enterprise and how the company was able to solve them. Explain their information technology infrastructure. Discuss information system solutions that can be applied to this issue.
When formatting your PowerPoint presentation, do not use the question-and-answer format; instead, use bullets, graphics, and/or charts in your slides to identify important points, and then discuss those points in the speaker notes of each slide.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.