Family involvement can influence literacy development and overall school success. Resources addressing various components of a comprehensive literacy program can be made available for families. Teachers who work with secondary students may identify such resources and share them with families.
You have been asked by your administrator to make a resource for students and families that includes information on comprehensive literacy instruction. Create a tri-fold brochure to hand out to families at the open house.
Include the following in your brochure:
The importance of comprehensive literacy instruction across the content areas.
Available research and literature that supports reading and writing curriculum and instruction for all secondary students.
Resources and literacy strategies for reading, writing, listening, speaking, viewing, and visual representation that are available to families.
Literacy supports, in the school and/or community, available for students with disabilities, English language learners, students who are struggling readers, as well as students with dyslexia.
At least 2-3 activities families can engage in together to support student literacy needs and foster comprehensive literacy collaboration.
How families can apply the Christian world-views as encouragement for literacy development.
The brochure should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
Support your brochure with 3-5 scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Clinical Field Experience C: Teaching the Literacy Lesson Plan
Creating meaningful lessons is both an art and a science. The art is in the student engagement and the science in the careful lesson planning and integration of content standards. The best way to continue to develop your teaching practice is to reflect consistently after lesson implementation.
Allocate at least 4 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Share your lesson from the “Literacy Lesson Plan” assignment with your mentor teacher before teaching the lesson. Present your literacy lesson or a literacy lesson created by your mentor teacher to a small group of 3-5 students or the entire class. After the conclusion of your lesson, reflect with your mentor and obtain feedback on how well the lesson went.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.