Schools in Society
In our course we considered federal education policy decisions directed towards K-12
schools. Education reform is often driven by new policy decisions at the federal and state levels.
In some situations, the policy is an attempt to revise previous decisions, in other cases the policy
seeks to create new educational discourse. In our course we continue to explore the difference
between policy intent and policy impact, looking at both intended and unintended consequences
of policy decisions. We have also considered how policies impact different communities in
different ways, often as a result of existing conditions or structures within our school
communities. As students of education, our task is to be well-educated on existing education
policy and proposed education policy.
In this assignment, you will identify a single state K-12 education policy decision or
initiative. You will use the paper to contextualize the policy, identify its plan, and consider its
actual / projected impact. You should represent key proponents of the policy as well as the
objections to the policy. You may explore the impact of the policy on rural, urban, or suburban
schools. You may also explore the impact of the policy on racial, socioeconomic, gender,
special needs, immigrants, LGBTQ students, or other communities within schools. The paper
should also reflect your assertion of the policy’s strengths and / or weaknesses. Policy decisions
that are currently enacted should include research that demonstrates impact / effectiveness.
Policy initiatives that are being considered for implementation should include projections of
impact. Use available library resources to conduct research necessary to organize a meaningful
examination of policy.
Although any state education policy is an accepted topic for this paper, students are
encouraged to discuss their policy topics with classmates and / or the instructor before or after
class. In some cases, a public policy topic may be selected if the student can analyze its impact
(potential impact) in a school setting.
Suggested Websites for State Education Policy News:
Technical Aspects: 4 – 6 page paper (please construct your response within these page limits)
Refer to course syllabus for general assignment submission details
100 points maximum
Students will be graded on their ability to construct an analytical paper that analyzes the impact
(potential impact) of a state education policy decision.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.