please help me finish the assignmentyou can write down or type no worry about that.ThanksDerivatives (Comm 4202)
Assignment #3 – Due March 6, 2020
1. It is March 5, 2020. A stock index is traded at a level of 3123, the risk-free rate
is 2.53% with continuous compounding, and the dividend yield is 3.08%. What
is the futures price for an index futures contract that expires on September 18,
2. The USD-CAD exchange rate is 1.3283, the 6-month Canadian risk-free rate is
1.73%, and the 6-month U.S. risk-free rate is 0.8%. Both risk-free rates are continuously compounded. From a U.S. investor’s perspective, what is the futures
price for a USD-CAD currency futures contract that expires in six months?
3. A stock is expected to pay a dividend of $1 per share in two months and in five
months. The stock price is currently traded at $50 per share, and the 2-month,
3-month, 5-month, and 6-month risk-free rates are 3%, 3.025%, 3.05%, and
3.10% per annum with continuous compounding, respectively.
(a) What is the futures price on the stock? What is the initial value of the
futures contract to a long position holder?
(b) If the price of the stock is $48 and the term structure of interest rates is
unchanged in three months, what will be the futures price and the value of
the short position in the futures contract?
4. A stock price is currently $40. Over each of the next two three-month periods it
is expected to go up by 10% or down by 10%. The risk-free interest rate is 5%
per annum with continuous compounding.
(a) What is the value of a six-month European call option with a strike price of
(b) What is the value of a six-month American put option with a strike price of
5. Consider an option on a stock when the stock price is $30, the exercise price is
$29, the risk-free interest rate is 5% per annum, the volatility is 25% per annum,
and the time to maturity is four months.
(a) What is the price of the option if it is a European call or put based on the
(b) What is the price of the option if it is an American call or put based on a
two-period binomial model?
6. The price of a stock index futures contract is at 423.70, and the stock index level
is at 420.55. The three-month call option on the index with a strike price of 400
is traded at $26.25, and the three-month put option with the same expiration
is traded at $3.25. The three-month continuous compounding risk-free rate is
2.75%. Determine whether the futures and options are priced correctly in relation to each other. If they are not, construct a risk-free portfolio and show how
it will earn a rate better than the risk-free rate.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.