For this week’s discussion, we will think about the way language shapes our thinking. Please watch the TED talk below and think about it in both meaning and as an argument. Also, I want you to think about word choice and the language we use as a strategy to connect with our audience when we write. Remember to be specific when answering the questions.
After watching the following TED Talk, please answer the following questions:
How does language shape the way we think, according to the speaker?
Who do you think her intended audience and purpose is for this talk?
If you were to do a rhetorical analysis on, would you say she was successful in convincing her audience and getting her purpose across? Why or why not?
What was your biggest takeaway or AHA moment from this Talk?
Does watching this talk make you think differently about how you use language? Explain.
“How Language Shapes the Way We Think” | Lera Boroditsky
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.