Reflective Summary: Review and reflect on the Alternative Treatment Discussion Board. Based on your review and reflection of new learnings in this course, write at least 400-600 words on the following:What have you learned from others’ responses? What were the most compelling points from the interaction with your fellow students? How did participating in this discussion help in your understanding of the Discussion Board task? What approaches could have yielded additional valuable information in the students’ networking? What is still unclear after the discussion with your classmates that needs to be clarified? Reflect on this DB answer Ineffective Planning When a patient fails to complete a treatment program, it isn’t always the program that failed. It could be the plan behind the program that failed. There are many successful treatment programs available today. Just as there are all types of treatment programs, there are all types of addicts. They are not one size fits all. Why does the client feel the program didn’t work? What was missing or not met? Does the client have a strong, healthy support system? By conferencing with the client, these questions can help tailor a treatment program to specifically meet the needs of this client. Based off of the limited information given, I would recommend staying with the 12 step program but adding in biological treatment as well. Keeping in mind, I do not have confirmation that my client has relapsed, only that his 12 step program was not completed. But assuming he has relapsed, and depending on the substance used by the client, I would suggest aversive or antagonist treatment. Antabuse for alcoholism or Naltrexone for opiate addiction are most commonly prescribed. These types of treatments are dependent on the addict taking the prescribed medication. In the case of Antabuse, if our client drinks, they will become very ill. The motivation to not drink becomes stronger due to the ill effects drinking produces. In the case of Naltrexone, this medication creates the withdrawal symptoms associated with opiates. Therefore, to keep the withdrawal symptoms from occurring, the addict must not start using again. (Colorado Technical University, 2020) We know that many substance users continue their habit because of the rewards system. It’s these habits that create an addiction. By interfering with the reward system or creating a bigger reward by NOT using, we have effectively taken away one of the reasons behind continued maladaptive behavior. I would still suggest keeping the 12 step program because it is a good support system with 24 hour help available. The cost is relatively inexpensive and usually only asks for monthly membership dues. Our client will find people with similar experiences and it is a great resource, if the client chooses to work the program. Finding a strong, seasoned sponsor is also extremely important. If the 12 step program is not something our client chooses to utilize, perhaps a local religious affiliation or some other organization that can offer supportive group therapy may be found. It is essential for recovery to have a healthy support system or group of people that will hold our client accountable, offer sound advice, and not enable the addictive behavior.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.