In “What’s the Difference Between History and The Past,” Idea Channel host Mike Rugetta highlights how history is a narrative and that the line between a historian and artist is quite blurry, especially since both groups of people are making decisions about the kind of stories they will tell. Please use what you learn from Rugetta and the theorists he cites to think critically about the fictional world created by director Kayo Hatta in Picture Bride.Write a 400 to 500 essay, comparing and contrasting the cinematic depiction of Hawaii with the history provided by Shelley Sang Hee-Lee. What aspects of life in Hawaii for Asian male and female workers do you think Kayo Hatta did well? What aspects of life in Hawaii for Asian male and female workers do you think Hatta possibly romanticized? Your comparison should examine broader differences, rather than small details. For example, focusing on the difference between the film depicting Japanese workers as making 2 dollars a day, and Shelley Sang Hee-Lee, explaining that they made $2.50 would NOT be a strong point to make. Instead, focus on more substantial differences. You could use details from Shelley Sang-Hee Lee to argue that director KayoHatta romanticized the picture bride system by emphasizing scenes where Matsuji romances Riyo. You would have plenty of evidence from the film in order to support your point.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.