Setting Up Your Research 1
Setting Up Your Research
Respond to the following exercises from Chapter One of The Literature Review in 150
words each exercise. For the Additional Question, record the research and null
hypotheses for your project.
Additional Question: What are your research and null hypotheses? (Social Media
Exercise 1.1: Discovering the Subject of Your Interest or Issue of Inquiry
1. What is your personal interest or issue?
2. What are the component parts of this interest?
3. Why did you become curious about this question?
Exercise 1.2: Understanding the Personal Viewpoint
1. What previous knowledge do you have about your interest?
2. What personal experience do you have that influences you about this issue or
3. What are your beliefs, biases, and opinions about this interest or issue?
4. What predisposes you to certain conclusions about the issue or con- cern of
5. How will you identify and isolate your personal bias, opinion, feelings, and
intuition to preserve your neutral position as a researcher?
Exercise 1.3: Selecting the Focus of Your Study
1. Clearly identify the focus of the study interest.
2. Are you looking at individuals, groups, or organizations?
3. Specifically name the individuals, groups, or organizations that you plan to
Exercise 1.5: Developing Your Interest Statement
1. What is your specific research interest?
a. The interest, issue, or concern of my research is (answer in seven sentences).
b. Cross out the two least important sentences without changing the key idea.
c. Cross out any words or phrases that can be removed without changing the
d. Reduce your remaining draft to three sentences.
e. Be sure your final three sentences identify the subject (What are you
studying?), perspective (How are you looking at it?), and vantage point (What
academic field will you use?).
Setting Up Your Research 2
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.