Half Century of Supply Chain Management at Walmart
WRITTEN CASE GUIDELINES
Individual (no co-authored papers),Case: Half A Century of Supply Chain Management at WalMart, See Chapter 2, Sections 5, 6 7,8, and 9; Use Chapter 2, Exhibit 2.3 (see below doc.) as a
template in analyzing and organizing your midterm; 3 pages maximum of text and 2 pages
maximum of supporting exhibits (your situation analysis) typed, 12-point font.
Business format: Concise, outline –use of bulleted items is highly recommended
Written in 3rd person; Staple paper (upper left hand corner of paper)
Recommended exhibits and info-graphs that can be to be used to support your situational
analysis and case write-up: Financial Analysis (See chapter 2) VIRO Analysis, SWOT
Competitive Forces and Factors, Other
Assume I read the case – do not repeat case back to me; Assume that you are writing to
Walmart’s senior management team
Do not include any information/references past the date of the case – you can bring new
information from secondary sources into your case analysis, but do not go beyond case
date (this is not required, there is sufficient information in the case to do in-depth
Walmart Some Questions to Consider Questions the situation analysis and info-graphs
1. What is Wal-Mart’s generic strategy?
2. Conduct a financial analysis of W-M compared to major rivals? How successful has Walmart
been as of case
date? What accounts for its success?
3. What industry(s) does Walmart compete in? What is this industry like (Consider 5 forces
4. What does a SWOT analysis reveal about Walmart’s ability to gain and sustain its competitive
5. What does Walmart’s value chain look like? How does Walmart extract value out of its value
chain? Its primary and secondary activities? Support your analysis with qualitative and
quantitative (numbers) analysis.
6. Conduct a VIRO analysis. Using your value chain and VIRO analyses does Walmart have a
competitive advantage over rivals? If so, what is the sources of Walmart’s competitive
advantage? Is it sustainable? Case Scoring Rubric: Includes the quality of your situational
analysis and info-graphs and your response to questions 7-11
7. What is Walmart’s “one” central problem (put in question form)? What symptoms, industry
conditions or other internal and external issues led you to arrive at this central problem?
8. What strategic alternatives should seior management consider in addressing your central
9. What are the pros and cons associated with each of your strategic alternatives (at least 2 pros
and cons for each; supported quantitively ad qualitatively; consider: risk, feasibility,
appropriateness, timing, values, workability and other criteria
10. What strategic alternative(s) is recommended? If your recommendation is a combination of
alternatives the pros and cons of combing more than one alternative need to be discussed.
11. What resources and management actions are needed to implement your recommendation
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.