please see the attachments for the questions please no copy from online do it briefly.1) Liver cells are able to regenerate many times in vivo (on the order of 34 cell divisions), but
techniques to culture hepatocyte cells in vitro are still under development. Assume that we have
developed a suitable growth medium for proliferating hepatocytes in culture.
A.) How long would it take to generate a therapeutically sufficient amount of liver tissue
(assume that 10% of a human liver mass (approximately 250 billion cells) is therapeutically
sufficient) starting with cells taken from a liver biopsy? A typical liver biopsy involves a
portion of the liver at tissue biopsy that fills 5 cm of a syringe that is approximately 1 cm in
diameter. Assume that the hepatocytes are 20 um in diameter, 70% of the biopsy cells
survive, and that the doubling time of hepatocytes is 12 hours.
B.) What is the minimum number of hepatocytes that would be required to generate a cell
mass the size of a whole human liver (assume 70% cell survival from biopsy)? How long
would it take to produce the required number of cells based on your calculated minimum
starting hepatocyte population.
2) Carefully read/reread the foundational papers by Crick and Watson and Franklin. Carefully
describe the evidence for identification of DNA based on the two papers by Crick and Watson.
Imagine that you could travel in time and conduct a comprehensive interview with Crick,
Watson, and Franklin. What questions would you ask them?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.