i need creative , professional power point presentation in ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM please be specific with your answers also i will give the online access to etextbook for this content i also including docx with all necessary information and all reguirements10-22. Mail Med Inc.
(Control Weaknesses and a
Disaster Recovery Plan)
Mail Med Inc. (MMI), a pharmaceutical firm, provides discounted prescription drugs
through direct mail. MMI has a small systems staff that designs and writes MMI’s
customized software. Until recently, MMI’s transaction data were transmitted to an
outside organization for processing on its hardware.
MMI has experienced significant sales growth as the cost of prescription drugs has
increased, and medical insurance companies have been tightening reimbursements in
order to restrain premium cost increases. As a result of these increased sales, MMI has
purchased its own computer hardware. The data processing centre is installed on the
ground floor of its two-story headquarters building. It is behind large, plate-glass
windows so that the state-of-the-art data processing centre can be displayed as a
measure of the company’s success and attract customer and investor attention.
The computer area is equipped with halon gas fire suppression equipment and an
uninterruptible power supply system. MMI has hired a small computer operations staff to
operate its data processing centre.
To handle MMI’s current level of business, the operations staff is on a two-shift
schedule, 5 days per week. MMI’s systems and programming staff, now located in the
same building, have access to the data processing centre and can test new programs
and program changes when the operations staff is not available. Because the systems
and programming staff is small and the work demands have increased, systems and
programming documentation is developed only when time is available.
Periodically, but not on a scheduled basis, MMI backs up its programs and data files,
storing them at an off-site location. Unfortunately, due to several days of heavy rains,
MMI’s building recently experienced serious flooding that reached several feet into the
first-floor level and affected not only the computer hardware but also the data and
program files that were onsite.
1. Describe at least four computer control weaknesses that existed at Mail Med Inc.
prior to the flood occurrence.
a) Ensure the weakness are described as per the Case Study
b) Base your analysis on General Controls for Technology Pages 316 – 329
2. Describe at least five components that should be incorporated in a formal disaster
recovery plan so that Mail Med Inc. can become operational within 72 hours after a
disaster affects its computer operations capability.
a) Ensure that your 5 Components are based on Business Continuity Planning
Pages 325 – 326
3. Identify at least three factors, other than the plan itself, which Mail Med Inc.’s
management should consider in formulating a formal disaster recovery plan.
a) Ensure that you consider Pages 316 – 329 in your answer
b) Ensure you focus on the question facts and details
c) Ensure that all information sources have been cited in your presentation
d) Be prepared to answer Questions
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.