This activity consists of two problems.
Gary Seitz is director of procurement for the Forest Medical Center in Oak Park, Illinois. His medical center recently purchased more than 300 new side tables for the patient rooms from Quick-and-Cheap Furniture. His team, however, is not happy with the paint quality of these tables. They feel the firm providing the tables was rushed to get the order out and did not do a great job.
They have examined each of the 312 tables that they have received so far and found the following defects, listed in alphabetical order:
Use Excel to:
Create a Pareto Chart for this situation.
Create and complete a table for this situation using the following headers:
List the most frequently occurring problem first in the table, then the next more frequently occurring problem second in the table, and so forth.
In a Word document:
Draw two conclusions about the quality of the patient tables that Quick Furniture has shipped to the Forest Medical Center.
Submit both your Word and Excel files.
If he feels it is appropriate, then he checks the budget to see if there are sufficient monies in the budget to pay for this. If there are not, then he rejects the request and sends it back to the employee. If there are sufficient funds, then he approves them.
If the requisition is approved, then the department secretary sends the requisition to a member of the LLMC Procurement Team.
The LLMC procurement specialist checks to see if the suggested vendor on the requisition is on the approved vendor list (AVL).
If not, he sends the request back to the department secretary and the process starts all over if the LLMC employee wants to continue to pursue it. If the employee does not, then the requisition is terminated.
If the vendor is on the AVL, the LLMC procurement specialist checks to see if a quote is required, either based on the type of equipment and material required or on the amount of the purchase.
If no quote is required, the procurement specialist transmits the PO to the vendor for execution.
If a quote is required, then the specialist contacts the vendor and asks for a quote. If the quote is satisfactory based on past purchases of such items, the specialist approves the quote and places the order.
If the quote is too high, the specialist contacts the LLMC employee and asks for another vendor to check. The procurement specialist then checks the second vendor. Usually, a procurement specialist will have to check only two vendors at most.
If the specialist cannot find a vendor with it suitable price after two tries, then the PO is cancelled.
When the specialist finds a vendor who submits a suitable quote, the transmits the PO to the vendor for execution by US postal service or by telephone.
The procurement specialist then logs the transaction into the financial system.
The procurement specialist then forwards the request to the Accounts Payable Department for payment when the receipt of the materials and equipment ordered, if acknowledged.
Use Microsoft Word to complete the following:
Develop a flowchart for this process.
Suggest three improvements, based on total quality management, that Ted Short can use to make the current process more efficient.
Submit your Word document(s).
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.